Re: TCC question in '165

Steve,

A good way to see if TCC is locked is to hold the accelerator steady and touch the brake with your left foot, this should unlock the TCC and can be seen on the tach.

I think I recall that the gear indicator in Diacom works back-as-wards on the 165.

From: "Marteney, Steven J." <smarteney@xlvision.com>
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: TCC question in '165
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:23:28 -0400

Finally got Diacom to link in low-speed mode to my '165.  Very revealing!
Sorry I'm asking this half cocked, but I'm at work and have gotten busy so I
haven't done any research myself.  The whole way to work this morning the
TCC never turned on according to Diacom.  I believe it too cause the revs
have been kinda high lately.  What parameters control lock-up?  Is it just
rpm's? Or is there a load variable that comes into play? Also, 3rd and 4th
gear switches are doing funny things, noticed this late though and didn't
have time to troubleshoot. (BLM is typically >150 so I also know I got some
tuning to do there.)

Thanks,
Steve Marteney
smarteney@xlvision.com