Re: Temp sensor

A thermocouple is probably the best choice here then. I've severa
industrial controllers sitting around that use them and they are fast (only
the time needed to heat the junction, which can be uninsulated if the
environment is not too bad). A thermistor is pushing it at 300 dF,
technically they are rated that high, but I'm not sure if I'd push it too
much at that level. What kind of response do you need?

At 12:23 PM 4/19/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>The tranny temp sensors are the faster reading ones, I've heard of so far.
>I want to read turbo discharge air temp, accurately, and 0-18 PSI is just
>.x's to do, in a quick car. so needs to go room temp to about 300dF in less
>then 2 secs..
>Grumpy

Thanks,
        Peter Hipson (founder, NEHOG)