RE: Spark Plugs....now could be marelli computer

Hiya Bruce,
    I have yet to find any "magic" in a spark plug.....I have used NGK's in
alot of apps not saying they were better, just that they worked well and
easy to read....I have also used Autolites and AC's with great success as
well.....I have used NGK's on anything from 1600cc Toyota's to 2000hp Blown
Alcohol apps and used them because they were readily available in whatever
heat range I wanted....I used the 4 prong NGK's on the little hemi toyota's
for years before the split-fire came out announcing this "new" technology
and I can say for sure that they don't make any more power than anything
else they will just last longer in a severe environment.....you can actually
see the electrode change from round to square after a full season of use in
a circle track car(yes some people don't think they need to change thier
plugs very often in an abusive situation so I made them buy these 4
prongers) These 4 prong plugs only work well in a rotary or hemi type
environment in my experiences though....In a wedge type head pick a brand,
get the heat range correct, index it and run it....you won't find any
"magic" between brands......I can tell you from experience that fine wire
Bosch Platinums don't like rich unstable mixtures as in a nitrous app....and
in my experiences fine wires don't belong in anything unless it is lacking
of spark energy.....hth's
     On another subject, I looked at an Edelbrock standalone EFI computer
today and it had a Magnetti Marelli computer in it with a 27c256 chip in it
supposedly burned for a zz4 app....I have a copy of it if anyone is
interested (off list)....At a glance it appears to be pretty simple open
loop code maybe even based off of TPS vs RPM but don't know...didn't get to
see the rest of the hookups but tables appeared to be pretty linear.....has
anyone here ever dabbled with this????? I'm really not that interested in
reversing something like this but may come in handy solving a problem down
the road.....ttyl
-Carl Summers

Click on this link below to see the easiest way to handle internet
transactions.

https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=drsagan%40pacbell.net