Gal/Hr and Grm/Sec Info

I saw Ludis' post on this and want to make sure I understood it correctly.
Did you/are you saying the gal/hr parameter is merely for a trip computer?
Like in a car that uses this ECm and is equipped with one, say an Electra or
something? So I can assume since this GN has no trip/mileage computer it
doesnt use this (although it DOES have a dig dash), and that parameter will
have no effect on anything?