RE: Spark Plugs....

I have these in my car and they MIGHT be as good as they say..

A friend of mine has a '95 Caprice running good. (I.e. well tuned etc)
He is running the Hypertech computer in his car and has switched from 3.08
gears in his worn out rear end to a brand new rear end with 3.73 gears. He
also has a different air intake setup where the factory box has been
replaced with a cone K&N and straight PVC pipe. The resonators also have
been removed off the intake. Standard AC Delco plugs as from the factory.

My car is a '94 caprice and has the stock program. I also have "deleted" the
resonators on my car but I am using the factory air box and factory filter.
My rear end is still a worn out 3.08 with a posi that connects up sometimes.
My exhaust has a different muffler on it, (rhino turbo?), no cats and no
resonators. I run magnecor wires and torque master plugs. My car has a
slight miss but I attribute this to 140,000 miles on the original optispark.

Anyhow, at the drag strip now with similarly sized tires he runs .2-.3
faster than me.
And if you take the class 3/4 hitch off my car, take the spare out of the
trunk and shave 100lbs off me my car would weigh the same as his as raced.
(Isn't the rule of thumb supposed to be .1 per 100 lbs?)

He was running 15.0-15.2 at the track and I was running 15.3-15.4. (I was
running 14.9's a couple weeks ago and he was running 14.7's end of last year
with the tires and rims I now have under similar conditions.) The slow times
I attribute to the new track surface.

I more or less bought these plugs because they have a life time warranty to
go along with the lifetime warranty 8.5mm Magnecor.. The plugs and wires are
a pain to change on a caprice. Didn't want to do it more then once.. I
noticed an immediate power increase but the ignition seemed to start
missing. I changed the plugs and wires at the same time. Might have been
optispark problems though that came more apparent with the better plugs and
wires.