'165 o2 switching v/s WOT level

I had posted this question earlier, but I think it got lost somewhere.. I'll
try to simplify it here:

My o2's switch too narrowly, (transition between 0.017 and 0.72) and at the
same time, my WOT O2 readings are 0.95.

When I tweak the AFR, of coarse BOTH the closed loop AND the WOT readings
adjust together.  I need the closed loop and open loop to bump up, while I
need the PE mode to remain lower.  I'd think that adjusting the RPM based
enrichment would take care of it, but I also think there must be a better
(correct) way.

any suggestions?  (165MAF, 383 cubes)