Re: code 13 on 89 cavalier.. 730 ecm

Assuming the wiring is right basically it's too lazy of O2.  Which can be
anything from code, to fuel.  Slightly "plugged" injectors can also so it.
Might try some Slick 50 fuel system cleaner (don't bother with anything
else).

I quote

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION:
The ECM applies a bias voltage of approximately 450 millivolts (350-550 mV
is normal bias voltage) between terminals "GE14" and "GEl5." The oxygen (02)
sensor varies the voltage within a range of about 1 volt if the exhaust is
rich, down through about .10 volt if exhaust is lean. Code 13 is set when
the voltage does not vary on CKT 412 within a predetermined amount of time.
 Grumpy

> << A friend is having a problem with code 13 coming on all the time..The
> oxygen
>  sensor was replaced with a new one and no changes.
>  the service engine light comes on at about 65mph and stays on... seting
the
>  code 13.
>  The replacement sensor is a ngk
>  the ecm is a 730 >>
>
> If I remember right, I didnt look it up, code 13 is O2 sensor, circuit or
ECM