CPU Register Serial Data Readings.

Hi All,

I was playing around with dumping the CPU register values out of a PCM
tonight.
Only it only left me very confused. The CPU is the P4 68pin type.
This particular PCM/Software remaps the CPU registers to $3000 - $305F.

ACTUAL RUNNING CODE EXTRACT AFTER RESET:
--------------------------------
ldx #0x1000   ;Point to CPU
ldaa #0x03    ;Setup value for INIT REG
staa 0x3D,x   ;Modify INIT REG

--------------------------------

But when I request (Mode3) values for some of the CPU registers I get values
back that do not seem right. Some Examples -

Coolant Temp A/D value & ADR3, I know the CTS uses this A/D result register
but I never see a change in the register value when CTS is changed.
Another - the Option Register ($3039), this is also changing everytime I
request the data, but the bits that are changing are ADPU, CSEL...not right
hey?

So I guess my question is, can Mode 3 actually dump the values from the CPU
registers?.

Thanks,
Ross Myers
Melbourne, Australia