Need help understanding Fuel tables.

OK, I'm working away at my 747 controlled, crossfire injected, 5.7 Camaro
and everything is progressing well, but I still don't understand the concept
of the 2 fuel tables. If one is used as an adder to the other and combined
the equal the VE of the motor, why not one table with the VE numbers? Can
anyone help me with "getting" the train of though here and how this one
table plus the other table deal works? Also, What's the best way to set the
second table numbers?

Kevin R