Re: '165 switching both fans from the ECM?

At 11:55 PM 5/26/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Somehow, I just knew you didn't want to do things the easy way. : )
>Well, I'm looking at the ecm pinouts for an 89 F car, and it appears
>that the ecm controls 2 fans.  The vettes are similar, but I won't
>swear that the wiring is the same.  Pin C1 is for the primary fan, pin
>D11 controls the secondary fan.  D11 is wired in parallel with a temp
>switch in the cylinder head.

Perfect!  Now to find the addresses in the .bin where GM stores the on/off
temps for the secondary fan.  I'm using TunerCat w/ the $6E .tdf; sounds
like some investigation is next.

>Since you haven't mentioned it yet, are you using this in a v6 car, or
>an 8 cyl?  Worst case, use one relay to control 2.  It's kind of
>kludgy, but it will definitely work.
>Shannen

I'm running this on a V8 application, I bought an '88 GTA donor car and
swapped the whole works (after some engine building) into an '82 Z28.  Not
the most challenging swap, but it's a blast to drive now!  13.26sec @
102mph best 1/4mile time, and it was taking down LT1 and LS1-equipped
F-bodies on the road course at last week's F-body.org event in Memphis.

I'll dig thru the .bins of some later 'Vettes and see where they write
secondary fan data...if anyone already knows this and can share I'd
appreciate it.

-Kevin