RE: Heat crazed mad scientist

Actually, I think that you're right with the normal setup, but I was
surprised with the effect that it had on my Ram Air ('97 WS6 TA).  I don't
think that it made any difference at the track, but driving it around town I
noticed a big difference in engine smoothness and low end.  It was enough of
a difference that other people noticed it standing next to it idling.
Before I installed it my brother used to say that it idled like it had a
bigger cam installed in it, it went away when I installed the air foil (my
brother was actually standing next to it in the staging lanes at the track
and noticed that something was different with the idle and asked what I did,
that was the only change and it still has a stock exhaust).

Mark (the idle came back after I messed with other things ;-)