Re: 727 ECU limits

-> 727 in 2 bar MAP only used in GP Turbo Application (7 notch crank)

 Right.  I know I will have to make a reluctor wheel, mount the crank
sensor, and all that sort of stuff.  I'm going to tear the engine all
the way down to crossbreed some bits, so I can do anything I want while
it's apart.

-> I'd imagine clever mounting of the 749 would be workable...

 I'd like to stay with the 727.  I can tuck it under the right side
cover if I do a little chassis modification.  The 749 would probably be
easier to work with, but even under the side cover there'll be plenty of
chance for the ECU to get wet.  I could try sealing a 749, but I'd
prefer to use one that's already (theoretically) weatherproof.

-> Are you planning on wastegate control thru ecm?.

 Probably not.  I solved the wastegate problem by wiring the damned
thing shut in 1984.  Boost runs up to 15psi, which is where the popoff
valve on the airbox is set, then creeps up to 20 or so as the turbo
overpowers the popoff valve.  The new rig will be intercooled, which I
*think* will lower the guage pressure some.

-> Gonna try to run ESC?.

 Knock sensor?  Hell yes.  Even the stock Yamaha spark module has a
knock sensor.

-> Can you generate a dissy type signal?.

 Dissy?