Re: Somewhat off topic: WTB: Old Laptop

*if* there is nothing special about the 9V (such as a battery sense) then a
simple regulator supply will do it. I use a 12 to 120 inverter, which was
cheap and easy. (BTW, my notebook takes 18V, so it must be twice as fast as
yours, right? <g>)

At 08:12 AM 6/13/2000 PDT, you wrote:

>Does anybody know what it takes to run a laptop off of the cigarette lighter
>outlet?  Seems like my thinkpad takes 9V.  Any DIY projects?
>
>Jeremy

Thanks,
        Peter Hipson (founder, NEHOG)
        1995 White NA Hummer Wagon