Re: General tuning question - fuel economy

>  I have ZERO tuning experience but a good working
> knowledge of engines.

One change at a time, slowly, and document what you do and the results.  It
takes time, and is an art form.  Lots of folks try to reduce it to formulaes
and math, but for drivibility it's all art, that is guessing and seeing what
the trends are, and how the apply to how you like to drive.

  And I have found that the cards are stacked against
> me with the 165 ECM.

Kinda harsh.  MAF does take getting used to, but can be ealier *long*.  Just
using a VE table is easier for some.

I've read the OEM PROM, burned my own PROM with NO
> mods, and it works, so I've got the mechanism down.  I'd love to switch to
> the 730 but... long boring stupid story.

Nothin stopping you but you...

> I do now feel at least pointed in a good direction with a swift kick in
the
> butt.

Just don't make drive over there and really do that, consider yourself
kicked thou <g>...
Grumpy

I'll do the testing you recommended, thanks.