RE: Automotive Circuit Protection - Part 1

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Mike Rolica wrote:

> any way
>  the EFI stuff.
>
> With new alt, truck runs great...charges at 15.5 v unlike 13.9 with old
> one...
> Also with scope on alt.. power is lots cleaner.. no more interference
> through stereo like old one :-)
>
> But BLm down to 110 on way to work???? Were at 127-130 for last couple of
> months..
> Beginning to think ecm is quite picky on it's juice....
> Any thoughts?
> (remember, I was running a pre efi alt.....for carbed vehicle. Now running
> proper one..0)

Higher voltage == Faster injector opening, now how much faster is
unknown.

I am pretty sure my ECM actually adjusts for higher voltages, the
computer does know what the battery voltage is since they include that
in the data stream, now if they use it or not.    Now I don't know if
all ecm adjust the injectors for the battery voltage.

			Roger