Re: Mandatory TC Lockup

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, TRAX wrote:

> Remember my discussion earlier about the mandatory TC lock up at approx.
> 80mph.  I've heard through the grapevine that GMEPro can change this lockup
> point.  Is that true?!?  I didn't think that there were any programs
> currently on the market that could actually change values contained in the
> GM 'program' in the other half of the BIN.  I know that neither TunerCat nor
> WinBin can do it.  I wouldn't think that GMEPro could do it either since
> this value doesn't seem to be in the .ecu file.

I don't know about the programs changing it, but I believe the value
is in the data area (I know it is in the  data area on a 93 f-body).
I have successfully change mine.  If you look at the bin and figure
out were the tranny TCC stuff is it should be pretty close to that and
it should also be in normal mph.

			Roger