Re: Another Newbie Question, part III

> Just what is wrong with aftermarket harnesses?  No single harness is going
to fit a swap-vehicle
> perfectly anyways.
>
> Squash

Oh, I don't know. How about forgetting the VSS for example. I have seen some
harnesses that you have to request the VSS to be included, Painless my ...
Think about it. The friend I was mentioning installs FI engines into older
Chevys on a pretty regular basis. One harness fried the ECM immediately.
Wires in wrong location at ECM connectors. That's just a couple that I can
think of right off the top of my head. And yes it should be able to fit a
swap vehicle. All it has to do is contain the necessary circuits for the ECM
to operate the engine, and/or tranny if you have an auto. It doesn't
actually tie in to anything else in the new vehicle. All you should need to
hook up is a few wires to either a constant hot or ignition hot etc.

Paul Washburn
lpwcruzr@netzero.net