Re: EPROM Programming

< I don;t want to start a brand war here, but  the GM is much easier to tune
> than the Ford. Ford uses four spark tables, each contributing under
> different conditions. In the 96+ models,  one whole bank 56K is used for
> calibration data. We often set all but one set of tables to maximum values
> to take them out of play in tuning.  The point I'm trying to make here is
> that ECM systems are extemely complex, and you might as well plan on
> spending lots of time getting it right. For me the key to a good tune is
the
> abilitly to datalog. If you don't know what the ECM is doing, how can you
> tune it?

You can tune an ecm just fine using a DVM, as your only source of info.
Granted it takes alot longer.
Logging is just icing on the cake.
A DVM, Scanner, Dataloging are just the levels of ecm monitoring.
  All reguire some sort of performance measuring, when tuning for max HP.
Matter of fact, I'd almost recommend to start tuning, using only a DVM.
Once you have the basics down, then you can really "see" what your doing.