Re: EPROM Programming

>OK, now for the $1,000,000 question. I have been led to believe that the
> whole reason for going with GM FI was for the self-adaptive learning that
it
> does via the integrator and BLM. I was under the impression this thing
tuned
> itself and all you had to do was get it close and let the BLM adjustments
> take it from there.

Not really.
It's like setting the timing to 40d at WOT, setting the max knock retard at
20d, and letting the ecm run that way, ya will kinda run, but not the best.
(BTW, saw an old aftermarket chip that did exactly that).
even the fuel has only a little room for adjustment

 But from what I have learned, the BLM only handles fuel
> and not spark. So shouldn't I concentrate on spark and let fuel self
adjust?

All, or nothing.
Doing it half way gets half a$$ed results.