how do I read this chip?

Ok - now I have my pb10 up and running, and I have successfully read,
modified, and burned my own chip on a 27c512.  Used in the hypertech
piggyback adapter, it seems to work.  The problem is, I cannot read the stock
gm chip.  The engine ran just fine with this chip in it.  So I think it is
good.

I have created a pin for pin adapter from a board, double row dip header, and
wire wrap 28 pin socket.  Every time I try to read the chip I get a different
checksum.  If I bring the collected file into tunercat, it may show garbage
in the numbers, or something is really funky looking.  CSUM may or may not be
able to do a checksum.  I have tried setting the pb10 to 27512,27c512,28f512,
etc.  It seems to come up the least screwy (semi-repeatable checksums) when
set to 28F512.  The actual chip itself (for my 93 8625 ECM) has a DA in block
letters at the top,

DELCO
4895
3028

on the sticker

and

014
67633
B9252

at the bottom.

What should my settings be, am I doing something wrong?  Is construction of
the adapter critical, please let me know.  Al, Jim, Carl, Bruce . . .anybody
. . .  - any clues would be great.

Thanks for listening to my electroyappin!
Ryan Hampl - a K-State Grad!    kasaryan@aol.com
139 Hoover Ct.                  Controls Engineer (tubes rule!)
Salina, KS  67401               97 B12 / 86 V65 / 93chevy truck EFI 383
phone  (785) 825 5831           I'M ALWAYS FIRST TO THE GROCERY STORE!