Re: Call for standards: EPROM/cal editing

In a message dated 11/04/2000 10:10:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
EOA@spartek.com writes:

I don't begrudge Terry for charging for his work. Writing the software is
easy compared to dissecting the bin's to get the correct data locations. I
also wouldn't expect a commercial package to adhere to a universal standard
for ECU files, that is their lifeblood. It would be nice if the free editors
did though (That is why we write them isn't it? to share?) or at least
provide a means for translating from one to the other...

OK, well now that another of my posts has been grossly misunderstood, I'll
simply say that I am all for Terry K or anyone else being able to sell what
they have designed for a profit. I have apologized to Terry off list for
inadvertently dragging his name into this.

JW