Re: 1227808 - Which cars?

Roger Merritt wrote:

> I currently have a JE 2.0L camira ECU which I am positive it is a 1227808
> computer and this runs on my toyota, I recently bought another ECU for my
> escort it has a 1227808 sticker on it from the wreckers, and it has JD 1.8
> written all over it.  Are these the same computer?

 see  http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/1227808/

The JD 1.8 was used with a 1227277 which is the open loop version of the
1227808 and doesn't have the O2 interface chip U4.

> I checked the
> calibration, and it definately isn't a $5D

If you want to send me the BIN I'll tell you what it is.

> should I take this back and get a
> VN commodore computer?

Depends on what you want to do - if you intend running with an O2 sensor
then you should probably start with an '808.

Peter