'94 Jimmy 4.3L and Diacom

Tried hooking Diacom to my friends 94 4.3L Jimmy this morning for grins.  No
talky.  Anyone no if you should use the 82-up adapter or Special TPI?  It
didn't say to use Special TPI at the start but I think I did anyway (because
I'm an idiot!)  Gonna play with it at lunch some more.  Sorry to turn the
list into Diacom tech support, but figured some practical experience would
be nice.

Steve