Re: 2 bar map sensor

John_Calabrese@ENGELHARD.COM wrote:

> The new LS1 motors MAP sensors are 0-5 volt.  I kow this because when I was at
> school I was team leader for the ethanol vehicle challenge, which converted an
> LS1 to run on E85.  I also built about 5 of these motors, and designed and built
> and installation kit for a vortech s-trim supercharger (have picsif you want to
> see them).  I also know every table and map inside the 1999 truck ECU.  What we
> did was to epoxy a 90 fitting where the MAP sensor was, and run it to an older
> style map sensor.  Then we reprogrammed the map by using a mityvac and writing
> down the volts out @ certain pressure (absolute). Seems to work fine, were
> making 12 lbs of boost, setting no codes, running 5.5 g/s custom siemens
> injectors, and on a 4.8-L, making about 400+ hp.  I also have a complete set of
> shop manuals for the truck (spoils of being team leader).  Let me know if I can
> help with the Ls1.

I saw two of these trucks in Car & Driver.  Very nice.  One was from
Nebraska (more looks) and one from a school that Started with a "C" I
think.....  (name of school was on the truck, it was also helped by
Lieningfelter (sp?) Engineering)

All in all very nice work from both schools.  I would have liked to have
seen all the trucks that were in the contest.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ 2.3L Quad4
http://www.beretta.net