Re: 88 TBI issue

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Deslauriers" <edeslaur@us.oracle.com>
To: <gmecm@diy-efi.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2000 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: 88 TBI issue

> > Do you know the brodcast code from the chip, and the P/N of the netres?
>
> No, what's an netres? I can check the code (assume # on chip?)

Brodcast code is a silver sticker on the chip inside the computer... the
netres is a IC-looking thing that is actually a resistor pack for limp home.
I was concerned that you might have something funny in there, but with the
stock 350 stuff, you should be close...
Next purchase should be a good scantool to see what the ECM sees going on.

Diacom has their own website, www.rinda.com
EASE is at www.easesim.com
I have the Diacom, but am not all that happy with it, it seems really
tempermental with my laptop, IBM 755. Plus I'm really not thrilled with DOS
apps that cost $300... When it works it works OK, but I cannot count on it
at all anymore- and it has lost the ability to link to any 8192 baud apps.
Plus the cables have fallen apart already, had to put new ends on them.
Tried all the software switches and tips from the site, still no dice.
Also have heard horror stories from people who have called for support.
Have not used the EASE tool, its written for Windows, but I have no idea on
its reliability or repeatability. I'm so disgusted with Diacom now I'll
probably try the EASE this summer, but they have an absolutly rediculous
licensing agreement. With 4 GM apps I have to spend a fortune if I want to
monitor them all.
That's the one good thing about Diacom, one software fits all.
One of our list members is working on CarBytes, a  freeware product, but I'm
not sure if it will do the 747 apps yet.

. Do you have the police 350 injectors around still?
 I still have them, but was hoping I could cross the #s since there is only
a 90%
> probablility that they are police injectors (performance was waaay worse
with
> them on). They were used when I bought them.

What color are the tops of them? Also search the archives, there was a post
or two about GM injector flow rates.

hope this helps

Tom