Re: 1227748 schematic updated

Thanks, figured as much.  This is the first ECM that I've ever actually
looked inside.  I'll ask the dealer about it I guess, unless you or
someone else on the list has one they're willing to part with.

Is anyone driving around with a ZIF socket?  Is that appropriate for
other than test benching?

--steve

Ludis Langens wrote:

> steve ravet wrote:
> >
> > The archives claim it has a bare EPROM socket, but when I test
> > fit an EPROM in there it was very loose, in fact it would fall out if I
> > turned it over.  Is there some sort of holder between what's soldered to
> > the board and the chip itself?  A plastic thing for the chip itself?
>
> They use a carrier just like the C3's use for their 2732's, except with
> 28 pins.  I put a ZIF socket on my bench '748.  There was one problem
> though, the pin spacing is less than the standard 0.6", and the holes
> were just barely large enough to accept the pins of the wire wrap socket
> I used to adapt the spacing.
>
> --
> Ludis Langens                               ludis (at) cruzers (dot) com
> Mac, Fiero, & engine controller goodies:  http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/

Steve Ravet
steve.ravet@arm.com
Advanced Risc Machines, Inc.