Re: Quick question on coolant temp sensors

> There appears to be 3 coolant temp sensors on my 89 F-body L98 motor.  Is
> their functionality something like this:
> 1) CTS in intake manifold base - used by ECM as input parameter?
> 2) CTS in driver's head - possibly temp guage sender?
> 3) CTS in passenger's head - possibly temp switch/light sender?

Yep, or some variation there of.

> Does this sound about right, or does the ECM use the individual head
sensors
> for mixture control to that head? (Cold=more fuel, warm=less fuel?)

165 ecm drivers all the injectors the same.

> The passenger's head ate it's exhaust manifold gaskets.  Looks like they
got
> too hot, but the driver's side gaskets appear to be okay.  CTS on pass.
head
> has wire broke off.  That's why I'm asking.

Welp, then something ain't working, what ever ain't working that's the
sender for it.

  Was thinking maybe that side
> was running rich?

See above
Grumpy

 Is this crazy talk?  (Oh yeah, and can't get Diacom to