Re: Archives seem to be down

The archives are down for the time being because our database software,
freeWAIS, won't compile/run on the new server.  If anyone has experience
with some of the database software available for Linux and could lend a
hand that'd be great.  Otherwise we may have to set up a PC alongside
the server to run the old search engine.

--steve

Eric Deslauriers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get to the old archives at
> http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/gmecm/asearch.html , but I'm being
> denied (Service Unavail).
>
> Time to work on my Blazer & its police engine, etc. ;-) I just got 36"
> Swampers, 3/4 ton axles, so I need all the power I can get!
>
> Anyone know if it needs bouncing or I should just try later?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Eric D.
> 88 K30 Blazer

Steve Ravet