Re: Fuel Injector Connector - *the MALE side* ?

> On Fri, 19 May 2000 09:16:56 -0500, "Jeff M" <tystorm@email.msn.com>
> wrote:
>
> >...the kit came with
> >crimp butt connectors that not only had a clear goo inside the metal part
of
> >the connectors (moisture guard), the plastic sleeve of the connector was
of
> >the heat shrink type (cool) that had a substantial shrink ratio as it
> >originally was huge but with the tiny wires inserted and crimped, shrunk
> >down no problem to seal up tight to the wire.  Have not done any looking
but
> >sure one of the connector manufacturers has this version.

Gar replied>
> Yup, there are indeed even better things than a simple strain-relieved
> crimp connector. Those were some nice ones you got there, if made with
> high-ratio shrink; the stuff is very pricey, donchaknow.
>
> There are even connectors you can get now that have the kind of shrink
> that melts on the inside when heated, to form a water-tight connection;
> you can also buy that kind of shrink commercially thru Digikey etc. It's
> used quite a bit on experimental airplane firewall wiring. It's called
> "adhesive-lined" shrink tubing. Nice where you need to seal from harsh
> environments. Lots of neat stuff out there, that once might have only
> been found in aerospace; the invasion of sensors and computers into cars
> has really brought some pretty high-tech stuff outta the closet.

Ya know, that stuff did seem to bond quite a bit, thanks for that
correction, I think it is the bonding type, will take another look.  I like
to cross-apply items from other areas such as marine, aerospace,
aeronautical and home and building controls, and most times their stuff is
far better and with more abilities for such guys as on this list, guess the
lazy and wealthy times for the automakers in the 50s, 60s and 70s still has
them still behind the times in some areas, we all know, look how often we
fix their chips and programming....and their car's mechanicals ;-).  My
library includes catalogs from aerospace and aeronautical like Aircraft
Spruce & Specialty company and NASA Tech Briefs which in itself gives many
leads to suppliers for specific and cross-application gear.  Fun to just go
to small airports and hang with the techs talking shit, trading things each
way and coming up with other ideas to use (and those nice little mail-in
post cards to get a copy of their parts supplier catalogs).

Jeff M