Re: P&H Injector Interface

Well, me and the little guys put are thoughts on paper and compared notes:

The only *advantage* to the underhood sytle is ease of plugging things in.

There were lots of downsides
  Heat.
  Numerous extra connections.
  In the event of a ruptured hose, 250dF coolant on/in everything
  Exposure (depending on crankcase venting) to sulfuric acid fumes.
  Oil and battery fumes.
  Possible continual exposure to 230dF

I'd trade all of this for doing some splicing, at the ecm.
Grumpy

> my thoughts on this, and if I were to buy something like this, I would
want to splice in at the injector, even if I did have to add a third power
wire. since this is one of the things I am probably going to have to do. use
the original injector connector to a small black box to the injector
harness. what I'm wondering is if a controller like the LM1949 would survive
sitting on top of the intake manifold (or at the injector) and if mil spec
power transistors would survive there also. I'm not an EE but from a diy
standpoint splicing is a minor issue (one of the service manuals says how to
do it(correctly))