Re: gm altenators...and efi

OK after looking at it again let me restate.  The old ones had the small
guage wire that went to pin 1, or pin B in the connector or I, this wire
was tied to 12 volts in the run position through some kind of resistance
of approx 6 ohms.  This resitance allowed the wire to also be connected
to a lamp for a charging system fault lamp.  This wire should be the
same a pin F on the new one except the new one does not use the
resistance in the line.  In the new one the resistance is built into the
unit and pin L is for the charging system lamp. I don't see any reason
why you can't hook up the wire from the old pin B to the new pin F with
S going to the battery and the bat line going to the battery but if you
have any problems try using a solid 12 volt line.

Now it's my turn to stand in the corner

Matt