State/Federal Tax - was Re: Scoggin-Dickey

Andrew Mattei wrote:

> 'cuz then I'd have to pay sales tax on it. Easier to buy mail
> order from Ohio and pay less.

Hmm, Australia is getting a Goods and Services Tax (flat 10% that
will replace a range of sales taxes), from 1st July, but it's a
Federal Tax ('tho the states get the proceeds). I guess your fed's
consider state tax discrepancies don't skew trade enough to warrant
intervention (or does it boil down to a fed/state separation of powers
issue?)

> Now don't go bad mouthin' Texans, otherwise I'll sick a kangaroo on your
> Aussie tail. ;^)

Yeah! You better watch out, I'll stick a wombat where it hurts   =:^?

Peter

PS. EFI content = I've been doing some GM 160 baud ALDL -> serial comms
work. It's pretty simple really. More details when I've written it up.