Re: MAF BLM based tuning

Dave Zug wrote:

> (This is for MAF '165 ARAP... 383 app)
> Given that the BLM cell seperators are 13,21,34 g/s, and 700,1200,2000
> RPM...
>
> and as an example, say cells 6 and 10 show high values (160)  and the rest
> are fine (low 130's).
>
> Since I have no VE tables to speak of,  What would be a good first step in
> settling the bad BLM's back to normal, without affecting the rest of the
> good BLM's?
>
> Please respond without using the word "MAP"   ;-P
>
> Extra credit:  Anyone tried expanding or sliding the range that BLM's
> affect?  like 13,27,40 and 700,1600,2800?

I done this on a '747. Only problem I ran into was that the effects of the
edge cells went off the ends. The cell boxed by 1600 to 2800 rpm would
continue to affect fueling past 2800 rpm. No learn would take place in
the rpm range above 2800, however the learned value still counted.

Of course this ecm uses a ma-maaa ( ! MAF).

BobR.

I was trying to make the cells as small as possible for VE table tuning,
worked with the exception of affecting fueling way past it's boundries.