Re: GM book on TPI/ Gas tank venting on TPI

Be sure to allow plenty of air into the tank.  "Wimpy" TBI pumps are
strong enough to cause the tank to collapse when nothing is allowed to
fill the volume that the fuel occupied.  Most of the fuel tanks from
middle to late 80's on up will develop a fair amount of pressure, but
the filler cap is what allows air in.

I'll third the Helms suggestion.
Shannen