	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Shannen Durphey [SMTP:shannen@grolen.com]
	Sent:	Sunday, July 30, 2000 4:58 PM
	To:	gmecm@diy-efi.org
	Subject:	Re: Engine light on getting code 12

	Sounds fine to me.  Code 12 with a&b jumpered is "no distributor
	reference pulses", a condition you should definitely have if the
	engine is not running.  Code 12 is sort of used as a sanity check
for
	the ecm.
	Check other GM cars, you will find the same thing.

	You haven't mentioned whether or not the engine starts, which would
be
	a key issue.  No pun intended. : )  No start with code 12 indicates
	need to make sure the dizzy is sending out pulses to the ecm.

	I'm surprised that you don't have a service manual for that truck.
It
	should have a description of the code, and a trouble tree for
checking
	it.

	However, if want some personal attention, you can send your Sy to
me,
	a professional mechanic, and I'll volunteer to flog it-- I mean test
	it and make sure everything is ok.
	Shannen