Re: EPROM Programming

This is responding to several questions.
I read a tpis level 5 chip that a friend had. It was for a 88 vet w/manual
trans.  My friend was very happy with the way his car ran.  I diacomed his
car and it was pulling out a ton of timing all the time, it was pig rich.
TPIS had turned off the egr code and not much else.
I also bought a TPIS level 4 chip.  Couldn't read it, finally took the top
off and cut all the silicone away and they had cut pin 28.  I have heard all
kinds of bad things that cutting pin 28 is supposed to do but the chip ran
fine, other than it was even richer than the level 5 chip.   The advance was
not as radical and the chip actually ran pretty good. But commanding 9.9 to
one afr at wot is a bit much.
Bottom line is they are rich and safe.  These are a maf application, maf
applications are much more forgiving than map app's.

Another question
BL is used at wot if it adds fuel, if it is taking fuel out,(Below 128) then
the bl reverts to 128 at wot.

Another question.
Thrasher knows what the code does. TPIS uses Master Tune software. I know
Steve Cole who writes the software at The Turbo Shop.  I have seen the code.
In my opinion as well as as far as I know ALL the guys who have spent any
time doing their own chips, the mass produced chips are not worth the money
if you can do your own.  Having said that if you can't do your own chips
what other choice do you have?
The ecm will pull out timing if detonation is detected.  It puts in back in
slowly and has to pull out a lot to eliminate it.  THIS SLOWS YOU DOWN!
The ecm will adapt within x % for out of line fueling.  I want it at 128 and
to adapt to temp, altitude and other variable's, not to improper tuning.

The problem is that this is addicting it's so much fun.  You can always make
the next chip a bit better.

Next time you have to rejet a carb or recurve a dist you will feel like a
brain surgeon operating with a blindfold and a chainsaw!
Mark