Re: EPROM tuning head start

> Another thing, I saw recently where it was recommended to use just a DVM
and
> nothing else to tune with.

Reread it, I said could be done with a min, of that.  Also, the original
reply was in reference to tuning at cruise.  You need to keep things in
context.

Without a scanner or Diacom, how will you know the
> BLM, the knock counts, etc.?

You don't have to have that info..  Nice yes, necessary no.

> I guess I'm just either too ignorant of what's
> really going on or my idea of a good tune and yours is relative.

If you've actually done some the fog clears on alot of things.

 I mean, I
> thought GM tuned engines to reduce combustion temps at cruise to reduce
NOx
> emissions, but maybe you are tuning for different criteria like maximum
> acceleration.

Gm has many considerations, one of which is NOx

If you define a perfect tune by the summer temperature outside,
> then during the winter, the engine is not going to be in perfect tune.

Depends on what you call perfect.

All I
> want is a smooth running engine regardless of which 350 motor I put it on
and
> during any season. I need a 350 chip that is versatile, not restricted to
> just one exact car.

Then your talking about a generic chip, just an average, oem quality
calibration, which is some distance from perfect.

I think I am talking apples and you oranges.

Well, then explain exactly what is your looking for.
There aren't mind readers here.

 I'm not
> looking for a chip to have the absolute fastest 1/4 mile times, and I
think I
> have fallen into a hornets nest full of drag racing hornets.

Comments like that won't get you far.
If you don't want the best out of an engine then why even bother?.

Maybe a stock
> 350 GM chip is just fine for my AMC 360 stock engine. That's all I was
really
> trying to find out anyway.

Why didn't you say that then??????