Re: Tuning Tips questions

> > > Here's a couple of questions on your tuning tips dealing with the
light
> > > cruise section,
> > Don't over analyse.   Don't make it more complicated then it is.
> > Now with that said
> > > 1 Once you have determined TPS signal at 40Kpa, you suggest adding
> > > timing at that 40Kpa and RPM cell. The re-test at original TPS signal
> > > to determine "new" vacuum value. Do I now +/- timing at "new"
> > >Kpa/RPM cell or go back to 40Kpa?
> > >     What increments of timing would you +/-?
> > Nope, it's tps vs MPH,
> > look to see where you are K/Pa just to know where to make the timing, or
> > fuel change.
> >   I cut things at 2d, unless there are initially no change or the figure
is
> > just grossly wrong (that only comes with experience)
> So in other words, the change in vacuum +/- is simply telling you whether
> the timing should be cut or increased, but at the original cell (ie. 40Kpa
> 1800rpm). Increase timing in that cell until there is no further increase
in
> Kpa. And then go through same iteration for EACH cell representing
probable
> cruising speeds. This process, then, optimizes each point individually. I
am
> repeating myself so I make clear to you what I have understood so far.

Drop worring about the cell.
Ignore the K/Pa other then at cruise your at 35-40-45-50, so you know where
to edit the map.
You don't care how it changes, you want the lowest TPS

> > > 2. When you say "drop off" as little timing between 40-50Kpa up to WOT
> > > (100Kpa), what increment per cell are you suggesting. What should
> > >total drop off be?
> > > For example, At 1800rpm and 40Kpa, value is 24.3. At 100Kpa, value is
6
> > Depends on car, and driveility.  No way to forcast what your engine is
> gonna
> > like.

> Dropoff then is not just an integer that you deduct from each cell, but
what
> is indicated by the process
> you described on top. Each cell tested and optimized individually.
Correct?

OK, just what are you calling a cell?.
This almost sounds like your calling a entry on the map / table a cell.
Bruce