Re: 96 LT1

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, gene l. clifford wrote:

> Hi Shannen
> Gene clifford here.
> I have been lurking on the list for a week or two now and must confess I am
> at sea!
> I recently bought an LT-1 engine and trans out of a burned vette (48k)
> since it got kinda hot there are no electronics or FI goodies?
> I have plans to put this in a 1978 Nova 2dr.
> since I am retired the budget is limited
> I have access to a full mach.shop (CNC even)
> what I would like to do is this.
> # 1 modify for individual injectors a Edelbrock Victor int. manifold
> #2 either use a holley four barrel carb body for a throttle body or make my
> own
> if I use the Holley should I use a vac 2nd or mech linkage
> I presume I will need a map sensor and a TPS would also like to utilize  O2
> sensor
> could you tell me if there would be an off the shelf Ecu that I might avail
> my self of
> keeping in mind that I am a neophyte and under financed??
>                                        Gene Clifford

First problem you are going to have, is a LT1 block has different
heads than a pre-LT1 block, it standard chevy 350 heads don't fix, the
water ports are different.   I believe that this also goes for the
intake, things don't line up like a pre_-LT1 chevy 350 do, so parts
will be an issue.   So you will need to watch this when getting parts,
it also does not have a standard distributor setup so that may also be
an issue.

				Roger