Re: Cam tuning

So what kind of difficulty would there be in converting to a 3-bar Syclone computer?  Other than the fact there's 2 more cylinders and 1.4 L more displacement, are there any other factors?  Is the Syclone batch-fire MPFI like my Camaro?

Would the sensors and electronics (coolant temp, IAT,Idle motor, injectors, OPTISPARK!) even be compatible?  Wouldn't my computer have a hissy-fit?

How much is a computer like that?  Isn't only in the turbo cars?

Doug R - Black 93Z A4 3.73 - D.B. F-Body Organizer
Mods: DragRadials,Hooker 1.75" headers,Flowmaster,AS&M CAI
Mods: 3.73 gears, SLP Torsen, S&S Stage 1 heads, UD pulleys,
Mods: Chip,EibachSprings,1LEswaybars, AFPR - 13.11@105.5
*My car: http://daytona.f-body.org/doug

>>> nacelp@bright.net 03/21/00 07:00AM >>>

There seem to be some of you thinking that adjusting the 100K/Pa part of the
VE tables makes for a correct calibration, this is an error.  It's a way to
get a car to run, but that's all.  If yo think it's right then just use 3
different values for the VEs at all ohter entries, and try running it.  To
run the same fuel at 100K/Pa as you need at 150 K/Pa is a hodge podge.  If
you don't beleive me, hunt up someone running a 3 bar MAP syclone, and find
out.
  OK, lets even completely ignore the fuel, then we still have the timing
issue.  Or is the resolved by an on/off switch MSD multistep or some such
item.
  Either way your just patching stuff together stuff to run.
  Better solution is actually doing what John is with his 730, and make the
code changes to the ecm/pcm, or use a syclone (749) to actually do the
engine mangement, or ecm/pcm/stamp/PIC to handle the boost issues corectly