Re: 1998 O2 sensor

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:56:59 -0400 , "Mark M. Pikas"
<mpikas@umiacs.umd.edu> wrote:

>Or you can save yourself all the frustration and hassle and just run some
>secondary O2 simulators.  The second set of O2 sensors are there just to see
>if there are any changes indicating that the cats aren't working, so the
>computer is happy if it always sees the same V.  This is a pretty common
>thing to do on '96 and up f-bodies, which also come with 4 when modifying
>the exhaust or installing older headers.  I believe that they are made by
>Casper Electronics (check the vendors at the bottom of www.f-body.org, I'm
>sure that one of them has them).  If you want to build your own, I believe
>that they are just a resistor and a harness working as a V divider so that
>the PCM always sees something like 130 MV (don't quote me on that but I know
>that its somewhere in that range).

I'd sure like to know more about those gizmos.

I've seen those, and didn't suggest that because after looking at the
price those guys charge for them (I recall it was around $100?), I
really wondered if there wasn't at least something more than a voltage
divider needed (not sure why, tho). I can't seem to locate the link to
them, alas.

Gar