Re: GMEpro question

In a message dated 08/19/2000 3:47:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Sealand@clarityconnect.com writes:

<< Must be a labeling error in that table heading, providing that you are
 really using a MAP based system file. >>

OK, I have used GMEpro to compare all the tables in the 90 Y body bin file
and the Howell Y body bin file from the ftp site. I can understand the spark
table changes and the fuel table changes, but the LV8/2 vs. coolant temp
spark correction table has me stumped. Anyone know why a 20 degree spark
correction is necessary at 190 deg F or does this table not apply to MAP
based systems at all? Are these corrections added to or subtracted from the
RPM vs. MAP spark table? In some areas this would put the max spark advance
over 45 degrees which I thought was physically impossible due to the
distributor design.

Thanks,
John Wilson