Re: ECM for 4cyl &Altitude (was 747 & 4cyls)

> But appreciate the help sorting things out. There's even one of our
> guys who wants to use the Merc ecm because it's small and looks real
> robust, since they're mounted directly on the engine.

Hahaha,
just need one guy to leak the info..
It is a nice unit
Merccrusier and Arizona speed and Marine can program em. Trouble is MC won't
talk to you, GM wants to sell ya 500 and maybe then give ya the code.
They use a flash prom, and the bin is 1K, just table stuff.
OEM was using them for roughing out initial calibrations for a while

I keep tryna
> tell them they each need to come over here and start muckin with the
> particulars, but some are shy, I guess. :)  They'll let Andy & Gar
> come over, make fools of themselves and run the guantlet, and then
> drop in later when the smoke has cleared. Fine.

Situation normal ehh

> Ya know what they say, fools rush in where angels fear to tread. Spose
> intrepid's just another way to spell foolhardy. Oh well, if you can't
> refuse a good experiment, you might as well turn the compulsion into
> something productive.

LOL
Bruce