Re: ALDL interface diagnostic program

Peter Gargano wrote:

> Which reminds me (mandatory GMECM content for everyone) ...
>
>      Please don't post HTML to GMECM,=20
>      it make a mess of the archives.
>
> PS. How do you get these =B7=B7=B7=B7=B7=B7=B7 characters, cut and paste =
> from..?

They come from the other thing that nobody should do.  The equal sign
followed by two digits comes from the "quoted-printable" encoding
format.  Quoted-printable is used to represent 8 bit characters in the 7
bit ASCII world.  This encoding also gums up the archives.  The solution
is to turn off quoted-printable encoding in your e-mail program and to
not use any characters from the "extended" character set.  Besides,
there's no a unified standard for these extra characters.