Re: Source of PCM crimp "Micro-Pack" connectors

ron harris wrote:

> they are made by delphi electronics, somewhere in Michigan i think.could get a
> phone # on monday for you.    ron harris

Problem, for me, with a phone is the connection charge (Oz is a
long way away on the phone, and I don't thing the 1800 number will
work for me ;-)!

Marek Skrzypiec wrote:

> You can try obtain these connectors from Delphi Packard via webb (I'm sorry
> I forgot the URL)  .They send their as free samples . Some times ago I've
> obtain mine in this way .

How many did you get Marek?

Here's some info about them, from Delphi themselves...

  http://www.delphiauto.com/index.cfm?location=457              (Index)
  http://www.delphiauto.com/pdf/catalog/micropack/172to179.pdf  (PDF)

Looking at the above PDF, and female terminals...

  Part #    Cable Range (mm 2)   Material Plating
  12146448  1.0-0.80             Copper Nickel Alloy Tin
  12146447  0.50-0.35            Copper Nickel Alloy Tin

I believe I'm after Delphi part number 12146448.

So, http://www.delphiauto.com/index.cfm?location=449 lets me order
samples - but is this going to happen (apparently so, Marek, and
you don't seem to be located in the US!). But how many constitute a
"sample"?

Okay, the catalogue says, I can ring 1800 PACKARD, and order some!

Anyone have any suggestions to get some of these quickly (but, remember,
I'm located in Oz - a twinkling of an electron away, but otherwise...)?

Peter