Re: IAT range

The intake valve is open about 25% of the time.  There is a nice column of
air just sitting there soaking up as much heat as it can.  The sensors
*generally* have an exposed thermistor, so with air passing around that,
probably gets a good read on an average air temp..  Sounds like they figured
out what to do to get a better reading.  OR had a problem and that solved
it.
Grumpy